There’s a couple you may know whose Catholic wedding ceremony was scheduled early afternoon. But the wedding reception didn’t begin until 5:30 PM. What should the wedding party do to kill time between the ceremony and reception? Hire a wedding party bus!
This scenario often comes up with couples planning a wedding ceremony in a church, especially Catholic Churches which have Saturday Masses scheduled. And when the reception is scheduled at another location, as it usually is, your venue may not be available at the time you’re ready to party.
Enter the wedding party bus.
The wedding party bus allows you to maintain the momentum of your celebration and keep your wedding party together until the reception begins. There are pros and cons to this idea.
Pros of a Wedding Party Bus
- As mentioned above, it keeps your wedding party together. These are your closest friends and family members. With whom would you rather party? Probably no one.
- It honors your wedding party. It tells them that they are special, and it thanks them for standing up with you on the biggest day of your life.
- Wedding Party busses are spacious. Some can hold up to 40 people, so you can comfortably fit an entire wedding party onboard. There is even room for them to bring their spouse or significant other if that is your desire.
- It is ridiculously fun. Watch the reaction you get with every entrance you make at one watering hole after another, leading right up to your reception venue. People will gawk, wave, and clap like you’re VIPs. On this day, you are.
- It’s safe. No need to worry about drinking and driving on a wedding party bus.
- Most party busses are equipped with nice amenities, like bars, stereo sound, and plasma TVs. At some point in life, you deserve to indulge a little. If not your wedding day, when? A wedding party bus is an indulgence you’ll talk about for years to come.
- It allows your wedding photographer to get some great candid and posed pics all over town. Is there an iconic landmark in town? Your party bus will deliver you and your wedding party and wait as long as you’d like while your photographer clicks away. And your party never has to stop!
Cons of a Wedding Party Bus
- It is an extra expense. Your budget just may not be able to accommodate an indulgence like this one.
- Beware of over-imbibing. The bride and groom in particular have to be cautious that they don’t overdo the alcohol. But so does the rest of the wedding party. We were at one wedding where the brides maids were wasted, one got sick, and the others made a spectacle of themselves at the reception. This is a major risk you’ll face if you decide to go with a wedding party bus.
Ultimately, most Fayetteville couples with whom we work prefer a more seamless wedding celebration, with wedding ceremony immediately followed by the wedding reception. However, if scheduling issues don’t allow your wedding ceremony and reception to flow together, then a party bus is a fun option.
If you’re having trouble finding a venue whose availability meshes with your schedule, give us a call at 1-910-323-2409. We can pass on the names of some venues that are real gems, but off-the-radar for most brides and grooms. And when it comes to time to plan your wedding entertainment, be sure to think of Five Star Entertainment!