Are you engaged? If you scan online wedding literature and social media, you’ll discover some pretty common wedding regrets keep popping up.
For example, at a wedding website called “Woman Getting Married,” the author, Lindsay Goldenberg Jones, said a good DJ company is one of three places worth splurging on:
“If I had to spend money on only three things at a wedding, it would be the wedding venue, wedding photographer, and wedding DJs. All the open bars in the world will not save your party from a terrible DJ or singer, so plan on picking a DJ or band that is HIGHLY recommended.”
Over at brides.com, they reported on a study of 750 brides and grooms conducted by Zola, the wedding registry website. First Zola surveyed the couples BEFORE the wedding to see what was most important to them when planning their wedding.
Then they surveyed AFTER their wedding to determine what was actually the most important, and if they had any regrets. This is interesting:
Top Five Wedding Elements Couples Wish They’d Spent LESS Money On:
1. Flowers & Decor (22 percent felt they spent too much)
2. Hair & Makeup (20 percent felt they spent too much)
3. Catering (19 percent felt they spent too much)
4. Day-of Wedding Attire (Dress, Suit, Accessories, Etc.) (19 percent felt they spent too much)
5. Invitations (17 percent felt they spent too much)
Top Five Wedding Elements Couples Wish They’d Spent MORE Money On:
1. Videographer (25 percent wish they’d spent more)
2. Photographer (22 percent wish they’d spent more)
3. Wedding Planner/Coordinator (20 percent wish they’d spent more)
4. Flowers & Decor (12 percent wish they’d spent more)
5. Band/DJ (10 percent wish they’d spent more)
Top 10 Wedding Elements that Engaged Couples Deemed “Most Important” During the Planning Process
3. Day-of-Wedding Attire (Dress, Suit, Accessories, etc.)
6. Flowers & Decor
7. After Party
8. Hair and Makeup
9. Wedding Officiant
Top 10 Wedding Elements That Newlyweds Say Actually Made Their Wedding “Truly Unforgettable”
4. Day-of-Wedding Attire (Dress, Suit, Accessories, etc.)
5. Flowers & Decor
6. Wedding Officiant
8. Wedding Planner or Coordinator
9. After Party
10. Wedding Cake
In other words, three elements are at play: the LOOK & STYLE of your event vs. the EXPERIENCE of your event vs. the MEMORIES retained from your event.
Broadly speaking, post-wedding couples have more wedding regrets spending too much on the look and style of their event vs. creating an incredible experience, which is so driven by DJ entertainment.
By the same token, when the experience exceeds your expectations, which is exactly what Five Star Entertainment will do every time, wedding couples really wish they had spent a little more on photography and videography so they can properly relive this wonderful experience.
As readers of this blog have heard us say: entertainment makes the event. Although it only costs 10% of a typical wedding budget, it creates 90% of the fun.